Thursday, April 12, 2007

MASTER APPLICATION

Sigh after 2 months of applying, there is still no word on my application. In the website it is still IN REVIEW status. I just came back from Civil School to ask about my application. The lady who was in charge was not around but the other lady who was nice to us (dunno why today she wasn't tat nice) told us that (oh ya me and another course mate) that our application is being 'bentang'. Meaning they need to share our case to the whole school in which case we still have to wait for the answer via IPS. Oh ya for those who does not know the predicament I'm facing, let me show you the history of it.

It began in January, when my lecturer suggested me to take up masters. I thought and thought and actually decided why not? Then I applied and prayed. In February me and my course mate (from which here on will be ET...seriously tat's his initials) went to IPS to hand in our forms. We actually went there 1 week before the closing date of the application. 1 week!!!! We sat down with the admin people to see whether everything was in order. We asked whether we need to add anything into our application or did we miss out anything. They all said OKAY, all checks out.

1 month later, still no word about our application. ET decided to call up and lo and behold, they said our application did not get processed because our application is not complete. We were like, but you said it was. Then they said tat we needed to post in our results (which we did, but it states clearly that they wanted only our most recent results but they wanted the whole results from sem 1). Okay so ET and myself posted our results. 2 days later, ET decided to call up again. (by this time at least the website did say our application was in review), they said that Civil school has closed the application and deemed ours as late. WT*, it's not our fault that we were late, you guys screwed things up for us. So off we went to Civil school to see what can be done. At least there are ppl there who told us the same things about not to worry..bla bla bla....now after another month both of us are left in the dark. Sigh.......

God has been gracious though. He actually blessed me some amount of money to study my masters. My company graciously let me take a yr off from work to study. So I'm getting mixed responses. Later in the evening there is a talk from my own school about master studies. If can I don't mind switching again. See how it goes.....sigh..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.