Wednesday, April 18, 2007

CHANGE OF THINGS

Dear me, sometimes I marvel at how things turn out to be. If you would remember about my last post that I had some problems with the civil school admin about my master studies and did you remember that there was suppose to be a meeting in my school about graduate studies. Now I didn't want to go for the meeting in the first place. 1st of all if I really didn't think of staying in my own faculty because most of the masters there take about 2 years to complete and I dun think GAMUDA would be too happy to have me take too long to finish. 2nd I am very interested in staying back with my school and to hear the wonderful things about the things happening might make me feel guilty. But in the end I went.


The speaker was our assistant dean of graduate studies in our school, Dr. Mashitah. She explained about the wonderful things happening in the graduate studies department. Man, was my ears and heart broken. Then came the important question. Is anyone of you planning to take mixed mode in civil? I raised my hand. She then said why? She then told me about the mixed mode course in the faculty. And told me to wait for it. I was excited. After the talk I ran up to her and asked about the mixed mode course. She just said, she can't gurantee that it will work this year. But I said I'm desperate. She just said, hmm......why? So I told her everything about my predicament etc. And then she said, see me. I have a project for you. If you want, see me.
So I went back to think and asked her about the details. She said that I would be able to get RM 1300 a month if I work on her project. Hmm.....really tempting. After much discussion with my parents and prayer, I just thought why not hear her out about the project. Yesterday, I went to see her. She first said, you better make your decision cause I'm holding the project for you. She then told me the details and that I need to finish my thesis and research by a year. She said that I need to be very hardworking and I have to finish it. I just sat there and I just said okay. Haha. I didn't even think. I just said yes.


After the meeting, I ran up and down to fill in some forms and behold I'm doing my masters back in chemical school. I'll be starting in June. Called mum to tell her, she said are you sure this is what you wan to do? I still can't answer that. I like the research but not sure did I make the right choice. In a way it will be lesser burden on my parents. They do not have to fork out any money for me since I have enough to support myself now. With the money donated by a kind soul I'll be able to survive a month. Dad was equallly happy cause with the money situation at home, it would be easier on them. So I guess I did make the right choice.
The project I'm undertaking has a lot to do with construction. How to use old construction material and recycle them to make new materials. Well it is a good thing as GAMUDA is a construction company so mayb my research could help them. Anyway I'm glad that everything turn out fine. Just wait for God to do the work.


Here's my new lecturer...Dr Mashitah

No comments: