Friday, October 10, 2008

SAWADEE 2

The next day I woke up late. Supposed to have woken by 7.30 to have breakfast at 8. Because Thailand's electric current is not stable and I made the mistake of letting my phone charge the whole night. My phone died. So it was my friend who woke me up at 8am and I rushed. Wah I thought my jinx will not stop. Oh ya before I forget, my hotel is called Royal Hills and Spa Resort. It's a nice place but haha sometimes brochures can really really bluff you. In their website the place looks like Cameron Highlands with mist etc.....however the temperatuer there is almost the same as any other place but definitely not Cameron Highlands (btw Bangkok City is realy really hot).

Something sweet for breakfast?

Breakfast was great at Royal Hills, real authentic Thai food. One thing about Thai food is that is really really sour. And the desserts are really really sweet. Their curry lagi canggih. It's not ours where the first bite and yikes you feel the heat. Oh no, it doesn't taste spicy at first, but the more you eat you feel yourself sweating and then boom it comes...gradually gradually......and boy was I drenched when I had their version of Tom Yam during dinner.

Lunch was like this


After breakfast, was the real reason why I was there in Thailand, my paper presentation. Overall I think did pretty well could answer the questions they posed. :)

Me at the presentation

After lunch, Dr Lee, me and my friend (Mei Mei) traveled back to Bangkok. Hmm let me just say that travelling in the morning is so much better than at night. It was so different compared to what I experienced the night before. We were dropped at the nearest LRT station and traveled to our new destination...Chinatown where our hotel was....the Grand Ville Hotel. A 3 star hotel which looks like a 4 star. From the concierge to the receptionist, they were extremely friendly. That's another thing about Thais. They are really really friendly. Everywhere you go, they'll say Sawadee. And after buying things, they will definitely say Thank You. I was almost run downed by a motor while walking and the motor stopped infront of me. Haha I thought die..sure kena scolding (imagining the Malaysian scenario) but to my surprise, the gangster looking motorcyclist turned back to apologize....wow never happens in Malaysia (seldom la). Another thing about Bangkok city is that the people dresses up like people in KL so it looked like mini KL only nicer people. People don't rush into buses or the LRTs. However the only thing I can really appreciate about KL is that the traffic there is not as bad compared to Bangkok. There is move or be moved...haha.

Grand Ville Hotel
more to come.........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happened to the other one?

Anonymous said...

its good to know about it? where did you get that information?

Anonymous said...

very cool.

Anonymous said...

thats amazing story.

Anonymous said...

very cool.