Thursday, October 23, 2008

MALAYSIANS?

I was thinking about being racist.......and sometimes I'm sad being Chinese. Here's two scenario
Scenario 1
EB is my good friend and also an Indian. He is like my mentor la in the LaSallian movement. Both of us were running a camp this year and were running errands in the town to get supplies for camp. We stopped by a Chinese owned sundry shop to get some of the stuffs. EB wanted to fix his shoes so he asked me to shop first. So I entered the shop first. Now the taukeh so (auntie boss) was so happy to see me and asked what I needed. So I started off with number 1 and so forth. About 5 mins later, EB entered and stood beside me. Then he remembered something which was not in the list. Some simple brown paper which we use to wrip gifts. So he asked the auntie nicely for it. The auntie gave him a stare and said "Don't kacau me, I'm very busy and the brown paper very hard to take" Hmm then I turned to EB and just started talking. When the auntie realise that I was with him. She suddenly said, "You with him?" I said yes and then she turned back and walked a few steps and then walah just took out 1 whole roll of brown paper. Hard to get? hmmm.........oh well......obviously she saw EB differently
Scenario 2
Went shopping with some coursemates. I needed to get a gift so a few of the girls decided to help me. Now my coursemates are a mix. In gang got Chinese and also Malays. We hang out almost all the time. Okay back to my story. We went round the whole shopping complex to find that perfect gift. I stopped at one shop looking at the gift and my other 2 friends went ahead to another shop. One of them actually saw a nice gift and called me. I said ok ok coming. As I approached the shop, the Chinese lady was shocked to see me as the friend. She asked me in Mandarin, "You are with them?". I said yah.......and she gave me a very weird look. Hmm.....

Pretty sad ain't it........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

EB... EB... EB... hmmm sounds familiar... :D

But ya, racial stereotypes and discrimination is sadly very much part of Malaysia.

Somehow, to me, it seems like this is more rampant amongst the older generation.


PS: Faster send the songs! Want berlatih menyanyi

Aaron Chan Chee Kin said...

EB can stand for many things boss....hahaha

Er i thought i already sent? which wan u dun have yet?

chee fei said...

true indeed... EB huh?? well, on the other hand it can stand for a million other things.. =)

TsuChong said...

Nop, didn't get.

Only got the one you sent together with the script? There's 2 songs inside there only