Friday, January 4, 2008

UPDATES

Hello peeps,

First of all Happy New Year. I hope 2008 will continue to bring more joy into your lives. Secondly, sorry for not updating as much I as want. The connection in USM is getting bad to worse and it's not been cooperatin with me. ONly the last few days, the connection has become a little more stable.

What's new?

Hmm after a whole month of camps and travellin around, I'm actually quite happy to be settling down in Parit Buntar. Here's what happened in the past month.

The first camp I attended was APLYC 8. I was invited by Kenny to become an official emcee and also the head of the ice breakers sub comm. Hmm it was a different experience working with the Organising Team there. All of them are about 16 and 17 years old so mentality wise they are very happy go lucky. I've been working in the NLLC for like 6 years and working with university students is very very different. I also made some new friends there. Here's to Matthew, Calvin and also Ricardo. All are in my sub comm. It's a crazy bunch and I really enjoy working with them. I also got to help in the solidarity there. Haha....record script writing. Took us 20 minutes.........Oh ya I talk so long haven't told you what APLYC is. Well it's a congress of LaSallians from 12 nations around the Asia Pacific region. It is inspiring to see that many countries are doing good works in the name of La Salle so much so, I'm actually glad to be in this family.

After coming back from APLYC the next camp was the CF's CPR (Committee Planning Retreat). I was there for 1 1/2 days. But got to voice my opinion as the advisor of the CF.

By Saturday nite, I was in Ipoh for the 17th NLLC. You know the yearly camp which I must go. Haha. 2007 marks the second year I am chairperson for the convention. Believe me, you think after doing it for a year, you'll be wiser, trust me I was more stressed. But I think it was my own fault for giving myself unwanted pressure and stress. All in all the convention is great and had a great time getting to know the newbies. Hopefully this newbies stay on for more action.

After NLLC I rushed to Penang to see my dear for Christmas. I spent 3 days there and had a Christmas party organised by Dear's church. It was a grand affair. The buffet table was great and the message was simple (although I have to admit I fell asleep :P ). On Christmas eve, Dear and I travelled back to Ipoh. We celebrated our first Christmas together and had a lovely time.

Boxing day marks the day, both of us going back to campus. We already promised the CF Christmas nite committee that we will be there to help out. Haha this year's christmas nite was so fun and so relaxing. I have never been so relaxed (due to the fact I was only playing the advisory role). But Jason Tay did a good job..................

WOW one more event was New Year's Party we had in dear's house. She invited about 26 guests (all from CF) to her place for some fun and foood. It was tiring helping to prepare and clean up but it was also a great time.

Hmm.......guess tat's it

No comments: