Wednesday, January 16, 2008

MLYC NO MORE

Last Saturday, I officially stepped down as the Malaysian LaSallian Youth Commissioner after serving for almost 2 years. It was a great and humbling experience to be able to serve the LaSallian movement in a more administrative way.

It was not an easy task being a commissioner. The commission is made out of me, Prita, Sanjiv who was later replaced by Chee Fei because he had to go overseas and Doreen. For the 4 of us it was the first of many soughts as the commission was a new set up and us being the pioneers can say it was not easy. For months we were debating and trying to find out about our roles as commissioners. And even after stepping down I'm still questioning the role of a commissioner. Anyway that's for the new commissioners to figure out hahaha...

I'm actually missing being a commissioner. We get the inside scoop of what's happening in centre and I think I'm going to miss the many e-mails and also the many phone calls fromone another. I've made also good friends with my fellow commissioner. Prita is my gal pal where we would gossip, insult and also talk about anything under the sun. Doreen is like a role model and also my inspiration for still staying on in the movement. Chee Fei is the man la. Both of us actually became closer while working together. Sanjiv, missing the bugger and haha still wanting him to say sorry for leaving us like tat..Sanjiv you owe us big time. To the 4 of them, thank you so much for making my life more enriched as it is.

The new commissioners for the next term are Varun, Richard, Su Lynn and Wai Tien. All are exceptional people in the Formation Team. But most of all, I'm actually overwhelmed that Richard is a commissioner. Haha. For years I have always been his sucesssor for something. From the prefectorial board, to convention and even now as a commissioner, I'm happy to pass down my role to him. To the 4 of you, all the best yah..

Hmm what's next for me? Well I'm sure won't be quiting being in the movement and I'll definitely be a little more freer since I don't have to attend commissioner's meeting. I think it's time for me to take up new challenges.........

2 comments:

chee fei said...

lolz.. "chee fei is the man la" !! the best comment i heard in a long long time !! yah, pleasure working with you.. will definitely miss all the gossip and inside scoop of LSC..

Aaron Chan Chee Kin said...

Haha you are the man!