Monday, March 23, 2009

THE LAND OVER THE SEA

Yes just came back from Sabah. Haha ya most people didn't know about it cause I didn't want to make a big ho haa over it but yes was there for a week. Was quite excited to go there (yes my first time....Simon) but haha was a bit skeptical of going alone with Isa. Not that I don't like him but haha knowing our history working together, we are not best of friends but this trip made me realise something new in our relationship..haha more on that later.
The trip was of course for the Sabah regionals. Haha I was complaining to Isa that I have been to every region except Sabah for regionals (Actually i just realised I haven't been to Klang Valley yet....maybe next yr). Sabah ah the land where time is so different from Semenanjung. Serious. The sun rises at 6 in the morning -_- and sets super early. Come to think of it, my East Malaysia friends will just say the opposite about Semenanjung.



Let's talk about the regionals. Hmm it's very different if you ask me. Different from a lot of aspect. First I was there as a facilitator more than an OT so i didn't sit in for most of the meetings. Secondly the OTs there can say very lepak....haha their meetings very relaxed and non-intense. Isa did most of the talking and they just listened and nod. But they are a group who were eager to serve and learn. As for myself, I must say that I was not prepare at all for my sessions. I was still planning them the night before and also changing my thoughts an hour before my sessions. THough it looked flawless (haha from a comment I got), not happy with it myself. ANyway I have Southern Regions to redeem myself. The place for the regionals was lovely. It was held in St. Martin's Tambunan. Now this place is surrounded by hills and trees. IT's lovely. I can imagine walking to school everyday admiring the green hills and breathing in the fresh air. But the rain haha had to spoil it all.......... The only thing I didn't like was the loneliness. Haha coudln't really click with the kids and also didn't talk much with Isa. Most of the time, I locked myself in the room to do my work (which is still not done).



After finishing the regionals it was time to go back to Kota Kinabalu to do some tourist stuff. We stayed in 2 hotels. The first one was Mandarin Hotel at Gaya street. Now this place is damn runned down and the price for a room was expensive. We decided that after the regionals we would not come back to the same hotel. Luckily Isa's contact got us another hotel just opposite the main road. The place was so much nicer and the price was lower. After checking in, I did my first sight seeing, which was massage hunting. Heard so much about good massages in KK (not the one with happy endings :P) and found one nice place near Gaya Street and offers Shieat Su Massage and Reflexology for RM 70. I can tell you it hurt haha.....But after the session I was more relaxed but the next day can feel the muscle paining. Another wonderful thing I did was snorkeling. Thanks to miss mermaid aka Anidha (thanks gal!) who took me on a wonderful trip to the islands. Went to 2 island, Pulau Mamutik and Pulau Sapi. Both had wonderful scenary except Pulau Mamutik had a bigger surprise for me........JELLYFISH....yes I got stung, but thank God it was only baby jellyfishes. Other than tat, caught sight on some beautiful fishes (RAINBOW FISH.....which i call the gay fish.. haha). The only thing that disgusted me was the fact, these islands are seeing the affects of tourism la. A lot of empty bottles around and plastics here and there. Sigh...and we pay RM 3 for conservation purposes. Buck up Sabah if not you'll lose ur beauty. Shopping in Sabah is.......erm......okay only la....The only place I went shopping was the Filipino Market (Thanks Najeeb) . The place is cramped and I almost fainted because it was so cramped. But I got some huge bargains for my soveniours (Thanks Najeeb again).


Hmm the trip to Sabah was great actually. Although felt lonely at times and missing home but it was a great opportunity. Okay with Isa.........haha well most of you don't know but Isa and I fight alot. Haha I mean a lot. Both of us work differently and both of us have different principles in life. But I guess we meant well when we comment about each other. During this whole trip, we never fought once. I guess it was a conscious effort for the both of us to settle our differences to go and fulfill a work. I had a great time with him and I guess we have both mature in our relationship. I hope it will last la.........and Isa thanks for the treat haha......


No comments: