Monday, May 5, 2008

WEEKEND IN MALACCA

Last weekend was in Malacca to attend the Southern Regional Convention. Was really a great trip although it's not my first time there. The first thing I did when I touched the historical ground was a bowl of cendol which costs about RM 2. Expensive!!! but super nice........All you need to do is to head down to Jonker Street and you'll find this small little shop called No.1 Cendol stall. It's quite a funky little shop with lots of old antiques and lots and lots of coca-cola bottles. The guy manning the store is very slow but it's worth the wait.

Was really glad to be able to help out in this convention. Actually I was looking forward to a LaSallian programme. Haven't been attending one since FT meeting and I really feel disconnected from the mission work. Anyway was asked to become the summarizer of the camp so I had to force myself to listen every session. Oh well, the facilitators (who are all my wonderful friends) all did well, and for me to see them grow into the persons that they are, really encourage me to see how this small group can make a difference for our Malaysian youth (read LaSallian).

Another thing I must high lite is the satay celup outing which Han Siu brought us. Curious? Well it's like eating lok-lok (those from Ipoh and Penang will know this more) but the difference is you use a peanut sauce based soup to cook ur food. The peanut sauce is the normal sauce you'll get when eating normal satay. The food was great but can't each much because of all those peanut makes it very chai (jelak)

Sorry no pics though. Haha

All in all it was a great weekend away from USM. And it was great because I was back doing LaSallian work which I really miss for the last few months.




6 comments:

Unknown said...

heya u must have had fun eating satay celup and even the cendol at that stall. btw there's another stall further down as well which is also rather popular :)

Anonymous said...

hey chicky(seriously still tak biasa calling you that, haha). anyway it wasn't only me alone who brought you all to the satay celup shop lar. the malacca boys did. haha.
must come back malacca ohh... next time i bring you go eat siham inside lorong wan. damn chun also...

chee fei said...

ape ?!?! waited for a few days for this post but no pictures ?!?! but anyway, am sure you guys had lots of fun.. missed being there this time around.. and good to hear lots of positive comments of the weekend.. guess all was good then..

han siu got blog ke ? hey man, give ur add lah.. can visit ur blog..

Aaron Chan Chee Kin said...

hey you guys

quachee - hey haha still trying to figure out who u are. care to intro?

siusiu- haha well get use to it. how in the world you got my blog

chee fei - sorry la will get the photos from ppl hehehe

Unknown said...

hey there.

im just a regular blogger. stumbled upon yr post haha.

as a malaccan myself, thought ill just give some input :)

Aaron Chan Chee Kin said...

hey quachee

thanks for dropping by. hope u continue to stumble by.....hehe...visited ur blog dee..nice nice