Sunday, March 9, 2008

WHAT A WEEKEND

Phew, can't believe it's Sunday and boy oh boy was this a memorable weekend:

Yesterday was the day Malaysia decided. I was so excited as I was a first time voter. Dad and I went after he finished work. You cannot imagine how nervous I was. As I was lining up to take my number, there was old uncle who came to the counter:

Uncle: Eh....sini DAP punya kaunter ah?

SPR 1: Bukan Encik, sini SPR kaunter...

Uncle: Aik...why you use this colour for your table? Nanti orang anggap sini DAP kawasan.

SPR 1: -_- huhuhuh............


After getting the number, went to a class room, wah damn tension so many people looking at you. Then after getting the ballot papers, have to go to a little booth to cross. So scared, my dad said have to cross within the square if not considered void. Wah.....like primary kids have to make sure I don't mark out the line.

Before you know it, I was done. Took only about 5 minutes and I was out of there. There was not much a drama during the day cause the drama started at 9 pm........

I was all ready with the score card from The Star and a pen and channel 501 for the latest. Let me tell you it was SHOCKING.............Okay it was no surprise that DAP won Penang but didn't know so good. And then even my church member from PBBC lost her seat with a larger majority. Okay then the news, Kedah was taken by the opposition den Kelantan den S'gor and den the big shock PERAK!!!!!! Yes.......DAP won in all seats in PERAK.... Nobody thought they could even the opposition were surprise. So by 4 am, BN has only 137 seats in Parliment (meaning they still rule the country) , opposition 85......( tat's about 1/3)....but the opposition has taken over 5 states.

Now I believe in the democracy process all this while. So I guess there was no vote rigging. But i have to admit BN was a gentleman and they just conceded.

Shocker for the night was : Sharizat and Mei Fun.....Both are my favourite politicians, oh well luck wasn't on their side and i can see that the trend of voters this year was voting for the party and not the personality (I could be wrong cause some strong personality also won).

1 thing I have admit, I was sad for Samy Vellu. He should have stepped down when he had the chance. Now he is ousted and I guess in shame.

So Malaysia, you have made your choices.........A new change has started so let's pray and hope that things will take off from here. To the people we voted in, you convinced us you can do a better job now prove it!!!!


Today something bad happened. On the way to church, my mum's handbag was snatched right in front of our eyes. I must say I was shocked and started chasing that fucker (sorry about the language). My mum is okay and thank God she was unhurt but I know now, my church will have to raise security........

No comments: