Monday, June 25, 2007

CALL TO GOD

I was at dear's church for the weekend and the sermon tat day was very touching. Call to God....Here are a few verses for you to check it out. All verses are from the message if not otherwise quoted:

Psalm 10:12-13

Time to get up, God - get moving.
The luckless think they're Godforsaken.
They wonder why the wicked scorn God
and get away with it,
Why the wicked are so cocksure
they'll never come up for audit


Psalm 50:15

And call for help when you're in trouble -
I'll help you, and you'll honour me

Psalm 55:16-17,22

I call to God;
God will help me.
At dusk, dawn, and noon I sigh
deep sighs - he hears, he rescues.
Pile your troubles on God's shoulders -
he'll carry your load, he'll help us out

Psalm 80:18-19

We will never turn our back on you;
breathe life into our lungs so we can shout your name!
God, God of the Angel Armies, come back!
Smile your blessing smile:
That will be our salvation

Psalm 91:14-16

"If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God,
"I'll get you out of any trouble.
I'll give you the best of care
if you'll only get to know and trust me.
Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times;
I'll rescue you, then throw you a party.
I'll give you a long life,
give you a long drink of salvation

Psalm 145:18-19

God's there, listening for all who pray,
for all who pray and mean it.
He does what's best for those who fear him -
hears them call out, and saves them.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. "When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me"

Jeremiah 33:2-3

"This is God's message, the God who made earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as God: Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own."

Hope you will find encouragement in this



No comments: