Tuesday, October 16, 2007

SUFFERINGS

I did a sharing for the last CF meeting for the semester. Actually it was a last minute sharing. I really didn't know what to share. Was reading a list of verses gave by Joshua and then this verse hit me.

Romans 5:3-4 (NKJV)

And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance, and perseverance, character and character, hope


Another version puts it as "Rejoice in your sufferings"......wow God actually wants us to Rejoice in our sufferings. Do you know that many students in USM fail to see this. Even myself, I've fail to look beyond all the exams and assignments. I believe all of this is for us to know that the outside world is worst. Exams and assignments are designed to shape us. As long as we don't give up, our character will be molded. What character? I believe it is the Fruit of the Spirit. Only through perseverance that the qualities of the fruit can rise in us. And of course at the end of day, God tells us that there is hope. I always believe that is God is consistent. And true enough, the message of hope runs through the whole bible.

I hope that we can rejoice in our trials and also our stresses.