Saturday, September 22, 2007

BLESSING

Last Thursday I had dinner with my Cell Group (Self Control). The whole idea of the gathering was to go for dinner at the pasar Ramadhan which without fail always there during puasa month. But lo and behold when we arrived there, the pasar was missing. Nothing could be seen. And after much discussion with the group, we went to Pizza Hut instead for dinner. Now most people know me will surely know how I become guilty very fast, so without must thought I decided to spend my CG dinner that night.

A lot of people asked me why am I so generous. Hmm I guess it's because my life was blessed by other people around me that I feel blessing should continue to flow.

1) The first person I must address is my mum. She thought me that we cannot always think about our finances and hold on them too tight because at the end of the day, it will control you. So let God be the financial officer.

2) Pst Jacs...she took me in after form six to lower my parent's burden. It's where I learn independence and how to trust God for his help.

3) Jonathan...my big bro in campus. He taught me that if you bless someone, God will bless you back. But the motive of blessing must be sincere and not that you want the blessing from God.

4) Uncle Frank...this person only recently showed me what is to bless. He blessed me with financial aid to continue my studies this year. He told me that I need not to repay him but to make sure when I'm sucessful, I should bless others back.

The whole idea of blessing intrigues me. It's actually a simple task. That's the reason why I don't like chase people if they owe me money, I usually don't really care about who owes me what.

Hmm here's a test I did about selfishness. Haha I scored 14% meaning I'm not selfish. I think I added marks about the part on presents. I love presents!! So sometimes I always feel that when I give something to you, I hope to get back something from you. Alas, I'm not perfect

You Are 14% Selfish

In other words, you're a warm, caring considerate person.
Just make sure to get your way sometimes. There's a fine line between unselfish and pushover.

No comments: